Thursday 27 November 2014

Still Here...

Hello,


                      



I am still here. these past few weeks has been quite challenging for me, all in all I have learnt some life lessons.

My dad has been feeling quite not too good for a while and was managing well. I attributed it to the effect of things going on around him, an unhealthy relationship with his wife( My step mom; my mom is late. ), my elder ones not supporting financially etc. Lately, his illness had a bad turn and he is currently in the hospital.

My brothers as usual, have not been quite supportive in terms of finance and physical care. We the girls have been the one supporting financially all the while. 
My sisters are married and have young kids to attend to. I also have young kids. In all, I have  to visit the hospital during the week to give some moral support to my step mum and also finance most times.

I really feel for my Dad, this is when he needs the most support; physical care and love most importantly, and he is not getting it. 

I have talked to my brothers to at least try to help in the hospital as daddy is not mobile and needs support with mobility, feeding and personal hygiene but they are all claiming busy. I understand that they need to hustle, but really nothing tangible has come out of it. Medical bills keep coming and when i tell them about this bill, the response i get is an "OK", Are you kidding me? 

I spoke to Older relatives and a response I got from one of them was: "Male children are not wired to think that way, it is female children that takes care of the children." Another WOW! ( This aspect I would like to talk about another day.
Another said I should focus on my children and not worry so much, good advice and I guess she understands, knowing fully well my brothers' behavior. But can I really take my mind off it. It is beginning to take its toll on me, my chest aches, sleeplessness, headaches, etc.

 My dad is lying there in his old age and practically begging his children to support him. This is so sad! I just need my brothers to be more responsible. I don't mean in terms of finance alone, though we need all the money we can get now, but to show their love and care for their Father, who has been there for us all his life, now that he is old.

The bills keep piling, grateful to God we have been able to sort some of them, and more is still to come.  Like my Dad would say:

 IT IS WELL!


I pray that God in his infinite mercy, Look upon my father with mercy, grant him quick supernatural healing by the stripes of Jesus Christ. May he also forgive the sins of the family and help us to be united. May He bless the work of our hands, prosper my siblings and take afflictions far away from us in Jesus' name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment